Our yoga teacher training programs brings a modern approach to the ancient practices of yoga. We introduce students to postures, meditation, and breathing elements of a yoga practice on our yoga mats; along with the lifestyle, leadership & entrepreneurial practices critical to our practice beyond the mat.
We are committed to help our students connect with their intention to elevate their practice, inspire personal growth, and cultivate their entrepreneurial spirit. Even if you don't intend to become a yoga teacher, and even if you don't do every posture perfectly, you CAN BE AN AMAZING TEACHER.
We believe everyone has a story to tell, and those stories add to the richness of our lives & our community. Your own story can be an inspiration to others you meet along the path. If you enjoy inspiring others & helping people achieve their health & wellness goals, or if you want to enhance your own yoga practice, then our teacher training programs are right for you. The question is not how well you can you do poses. Rather, instead, why do you choose to practice yoga?
The opportunity to explore a deeper path of your yoga practice, both on & off your mat, is challenging, beautiful, and well worth the investment. At the beginning, this path may be dimly lit & you may full of uncertainty. Be confident! You will share the path with fellow travelers & we look forward to serving as your guides. Thank you for trusting us along your journey!
If you have questions or need insights about the training program, or how to deepen your practice, we are here to help. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
SOL Hot Yoga Studio is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) approved by Yoga Alliance (Registry ID: 249309). Students who complete a verified training with our school will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
We will be offering a 200-hour training course, and Sky is also a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). Sky exceeds the E-RYT 500 standards with nearly 4,000 hours of teaching yoga classes & coaching yoga teachers.
- E-RYT 500: This is a RYT 500 who has taught yoga for at least four years and at least 2,000 hours of yoga classes since completing their first training (200-hour or 500-hour). At least 500 of these teaching hours need to be accumulated after completing the advanced training.
- E-RYT 200: This is a RYT 200 who has taught yoga for at least two years and at least 1,000 hours of yoga classes since completion of training with a RYS 200. This person must have accumulated the 1,000 hours of yoga teaching experience after meeting the RYT 200 requirements.
For more information about training with us, please email Sky (firstname.lastname@example.org), and check out Sky's profile registered online with Yoga Alliance.
What do you get from yoga teacher training with Sol?
A lot depends on what you want to learn and what you intend to do with the knowledge after completion of the training. In many cases, the student is interested in learning for the sake of learning & exploring something new. In a few cases, the student actually wants to begin a profession as a yoga teacher. As with our practice on the mat, our yoga teacher training is designed to help you reach your goals - whatever path you choose.
How long does it take?
Our introductory teacher training satisfies the curriculum and contact hours to earn the Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200 credential from Yoga Alliance - the industry authority for yoga teachers.
The 200 contact hours are divided across 22 learning modules. For our teacher training program in 2020, those modules will be completed across 11 weekends with classes (every-other-weekend beginning in March). Contact hours will include 2.5 hours each Friday, and full days on Saturdays & Sundays.
What's the curriculum?
The Sol Hot Yoga teacher training curriculum covers 5 general topics (flip the boxes below to learn more)
Tools & Techniques
training in how to teach yoga; guided practice in postures, demonstration & open discussion
& how to demonstrate, observe, assist & correct postures
Anatomy & Physiology
physical anatomy & physiology
energy anatomy & physiology
the nervous system
Philosophy & Ethics
life off the mat
Practice Leading Yoga Classes
Practice teaching as the lead instructor;
give & receive feedback through the Socratic method
Ready to find out more?
- Fill out the online application
- Commit with a $300 deposit anytime prior to January 1st
- Non-refundable. Will be subtracted from the total course fee.
- Pick up your Student Guide & Start reading at your pace
- This material is available at the time you pay your deposit
- Pay remaining balance in lump sum, or scheduled installments
- Optional: Apply to work @Sol!!
We intend to hire more staff & instructors from this cohort of teacher training.
We choose the path.
We walk the path.
We become the path.
- Rolf Gates
Yoga Alliance members—Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs), Continuing Education Providers (YACEPs), or representatives of Registered Yoga Schools (RYSs)—agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct themselves in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that they live up to any commitments they make to their students or to the public, and ensuring that their practices and behaviors conform to the representations they make about themselves in holding themselves as yoga practitioners who adhere to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of their skills and scopes of practice and where appropriate, referring students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain safe, clean, and comfortable environments for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to their yoga teaching and business.
Ready to enroll? Let us know you're interested!
Click the box to complete our online application ----->
Ready to make your deposit for teacher training? You can begin by making a $300 deposit that guarantees your spot in our next cohort (March 2020). This is non-refundable & will enable us to get the student handbooks printed before the first class.
After the deposit, you can make incremental payments of any amount & at any time leading up to March. The full balance must be paid by March 1st.
Click the button to the right to get started on your journey!
Before you sign up for Yoga Teacher Training anywhere else, LOOK FOR THESE THREE CREDENTIALS (RYS-200, E-RYT 500, YACEP). If the studio doesn't have these credentials, chances are they are out-sourcing instructors (and charging you more than you should pay!!). If the studio is not a Registered Yoga School (RYS) you won't be able to register as a yoga teacher.